Within the 6 days of this Gangotri Gomukh Tapovan trek, one can marvel at the beauty of the Gomukh glacier, which forms one of the main sources of water for river Ganges. Along with your way to the peak, you can also visit several other attractions as well. This includes some of the popular and stunning pilgrimage sites in the area. The caves and huts housing ascetics at Tapovan are also quite inspiring. You will start the trek after reaching Rishikesh.
Uttarkashi to Gangotri will let you watch many holy rivers and landscapes which are the prominent attractions coming along with you. This trek will let you observe the magnificent beauty of Bhojwassa after you cover the well-laid paths leading to the region. The steep climbs leading to the high altitude meadows are conquered by many people before and you are also invited to catch the glimpses of the major towers in the Himalayan Ranges spreading across the region very closely by staying at the velvet type grasslands.Witnessing the beauty of the stunning views of the Bhagirathi group of peaks, you will continue trekking to Gomukh and then towards Tapovan. Get a chance to witness the flora and fauna of the region as you keep continuing your trek on the seventh and eighth day.
Conclude the trip after six days with precious memories created at the stunning locations.
About the Destination:
Gomukh Tapovan Trek is considered as one of the most exciting and thrilling treks. Resembling the mouth of a cow, the Gomukh Glacier is one of the main water sources of the holy Ganges. Around the glacier, one can also view the peaks of Gangotri Group – Shivling,Thalay Sagar, Meru, and Bhagirathi III. In addition to its mesmerising beauty and appeal, it is also an important pilgrimage site for the Hindus and a dip in its water is considered as a
On the other hand, Tapovan is located at the foothills of the Shivling Peak and is considered as a challenging route for the trekkers. Reaching a height of around 14,640ft, it is often thronged by the sadhus. This thrilling Gomukh Tapovan Trek takes you through some of the untouched places of the region. Marvel at the sight of the amazing beauty of the region as you keep continuing your trek. The sight of the Bhagirathi sisters glistening in the moonlight from Bhojbasa will make you stare at it for long.The trekking trail typically has steady inclines and level walks. Trek for another 20-30 minutes and you will see another stream gushing below a makeshift bridge. You get clear perspectives of the Bhagirathi crests from Chirbasa. Additionally unmistakable out there is
the mouth of the glacier. Your trek to Gomukh Tapovan will be one of the most memorable treks for you.
Gomukh Tapovan Trek Highlights:
– Enjoy camping at a high summit and the clear night sky under the billions of stars. Also,
enjoy a small bonfire with your friends.
– Get a chance to witness the rare flora and fauna of this region as you continue your trek.
– Catch the glimpses of magnificent Bhagirathi peaks from Chirbasa. Also visible in the
distance is the mouth of the Gaumukh glacier.
– During your trek you will also trek through Chota Jhandidar and Bada Jhandidar.
– The snow-capped mountain and the distant valleys will definitely make you wish to come
back here once again.
– Trek to Bhojwassa which is studded with trees and is mostly barren and often compared to
the Arctic Tundra region.
– Also, get a chance to visit Kriti and Meru glacier during your trek.
Transport: Transportation can be availed at an extra cost.
Things to Carry
- Comfortable clothes Good quality trekking shoes, slippers and extra pair of socks
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturisers.
- Water bottles, trendy backpack and energy bars/snacks
- A pair of sunglasses and camera
- Caps or hats
- Personal toiletries and basic medication (if any)
- Flash light (with spare batteries)
- Insect repellent and emergency medical kit.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
This is a group tour.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get cancelled. In such cases operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days.
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller’s meethimalaya wallet.
Booking Confirmation Policy
The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking. In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email. Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation. Refund will be processed.
- Pick-Up & Drop
- First aid medical kits
- Trek equipment
- Permits/ Forest fees
- Experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers
- Transportation can be availed at an extra cost
Day 1 - Rishikesh – Uttarkashi- Gangotri (250 kms/ 7-8 hrs) (3048 m/ 10,000 ft)
Get transferred to Uttarkashi (1150 mt) via a hill town of Chamba and Tehri which takes
5-6 hrs. As you reach Gangotri check-in to your hotel. In the evening, you are free to explore the nearby places on your own
Day 2 - Gangotri (3048 mts/10000 ft) - Bhojwassa (3792 mts/12440 ft) 14 kms trek/5-6 hrs)
Today, post breakfast, start trekking towards Bhojwassa via Chirbasa (3600mt).
The entire trail passes through dense forest. You can watch a small temple near the
destination and a beautiful campsite near down the river in Bhojwassa. Enjoy staying at the
river side camps. Amble around the picture perfect surrounding and in the evening head to witness the stunning sunset on Bhagirathi group of peaks. Have dinner and a peaceful stay at hotel.
Day 3 - Bhojwassa - Gomukh (3890 mts/12760 ft) - Tapovan (4463 mts / 14640 ft)
After breakfast trek to Gomukh (3890mt), the source of the Ganges. Explore the area and trek to Tapovan,vone of the finest high altitude alpine meadows in the area. The trek from Gomukh to Tapovan is steep, and as one climbs, the view of the surrounding peaks becomes clearer. Have dinner and enjoy the camp stay at Tapovan.
Day 4 - Tapovan - Bhojwassa (4340 mts/14235/Trek 4-5 hrs)
Today you will be trekking to Bhojwassa where you will get enough time to explore
the beautiful surroundings and meander through the stunning pathways. Post dinner, retire for the night in your tents.
Day 5 - Bhojwassa - Gangotri (3048 m/10000 ft) Trek (6 kms / 4-5 hrs).
Post breakfast in the morning, trek down to Gangotri and the downhill trek for 5 to 6
hours will let you reach the hotel at Gangotri. Spend the night here.
Day 6 - Gangotri – Rishikesh /dehradun
Post breakfast, get a drive to Rishikesh and wind up the six day trek beautifully and with
plenty of good memories.